POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR MINORITIES
- The Post Matric Scholarship is the scholarship provided to the students who are good in studies and belong to minority community. Minority Community includes Muslim, Sikh, Christians, Buddhists, jains and Zoroastrians (Parsis). This law was made in order to provide financial assistance to the weaker section of the society for pursuing their higher education. Higher Education here starts from class 11th to Ph.D.
- Detailed scheme guidelines can be gone through by visiting the url link: scholarships.gov.in
POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR SC/ST/OBC STUDENTS
- The objective of the scheme is to appreciably increase the enrolment ratio of SC students in Higher Education with a focus on those from the poorest households, by providing financial assistance at post matriculation or post secondary stage to enable them to complete their education.
- These scholarships are available for studies in India only and the awardees are selected by State Government / Union territory to which the applicant actually belongs (i.e. The State / UT in which permanently settled or domiciled, as per the terms of domicile decided by the State.)
- This is applicable to all the students who are currently beneficiaries of the scheme as well as fresh admissions.
- Detailed scheme guidelines can be gone through by visiting the url link: socialjustice.nic.in/SchemeList/Send/25?mid=24541
CENTRAL SCETOR SCHEME OF SCHOLARSHIP FOR COLLEGE AND UNIVERSITY STUDENTS
- The objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to the meritorious students having family income of less that Rs.6 lakh per annum, to meet a part of their day to day expenses while pursuing higher studies.
- The students who are above 80 percentile in the relevant stream from a particular board of examination in class XII and pursuing regular course and not availing benefit of any other scholarships are eligible to apply under this scheme.
- The rate of scholarship is Rs.10000/- per annum for the first three years and Rs.20000/- per annum for the fourth and fifth year.
- Detailed scheme guidelines can be gone through by visiting the url link: education.gov.in/en/scholarships-education-loan-0
SPECIAL SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR JAMMU AND KASHMIR
- The special scholarship scheme for Jammu and Kashmir aims at encouraging the youth from Jammu and Kashmir to take advantage of the educational institutions outside the state, which would provide them an opportunity to interact with their counterpart from the rest of the country, thereby be part of the mainstream.
- This scheme envisaged to provide 5000 fresh scholarships every year.
- This scheme provides scholarships for Tution fees and Maintenance allowance.
Detailed scheme guidelines can be gone through by visiting the url link: www.education.gov.in/en/scholarships-education-loan-0